Forums
[Pathfinder Society] GM Shared Prep :: Forums :: Other
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Secret Rolls spreadsheet and yet another secret skills handout

Author Post
Jed
Mon Oct 21 2019, 02:44AM Print View
Registered Member #1811
Here is a spreadsheet where I put in the modifiers for each players' skills and then let the sheet roll secret checks for me. I added some conditional formatting so I can see the results at a glance. I also made my own skills handout which has all of the skills on the spreadsheet in the same order so I can quickly do the data entry at the beginning of the scenario.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DGWwDbEgr6tOnonvJuqGB43audPEeKgZcK83_cvNztA/edit?usp=sharing

secret_rolls_pf2_-_modifier_cards.pdf

I decided to put all of the skills on there because I've seen enough odd ball skill checks in society to think that eventually they will all be used in a secret roll. Also, since they are in the same order as they appear on a stock character sheet (except for lore) it's easy enough for the players to just go right down the skills and copy them over. In the "Something special about you" section I tell the players to list anything that might change the result or timing of a secret roll such as trap finder, stone cunning, dubious knowledge, etc.

I've used them now in about a half dozen sessions and I've been pretty happy with how they worked. Before I had them I was skipping a lot of secret rolls so I didn't have to pause to do a bunch of rolls. I still opt out of some secret rolls when there isn't an opportunity for meta gaming such as when there isn't a critical fail condition listed or when the outcome of the roll is immediate and obvious. I've gotten some positive feedback from players as well. Some have even asked for them back at the end of the session so they can have them pre-filled out for the next game.

I'm still settling on the format, but once I do I might adjust it to fit on custom printed notepads. I can get a custom 4"x5.5" pad with 50 pages for $7.50 at vistaprint.com

SLATE
Sat Oct 26 2019, 12:10AM
Registered Member #1525
Nice cards -- one problem I can see: sometimes the skill check requires a level of proficiency which these don't have a spot to put. Maybe a second column next to the # column would help?
Jed
Sun Oct 27 2019, 05:46AM
Registered Member #1811
Sure.

Now with TEML!

secret_rolls_pf2_-_modifier_cards_with_proficiency.pdf

Moderators: Pirate Rob, GmPrep, Andi, pfsshardprep

Jump:     Back to top